two questions about scripts

simoes simoes at ITEP.BR
Thu Feb 10 07:16:54 EST 2005

hi, see...

inside script.gs:
postos = 'c:\cygwin\home\administrador\file.txt'
string = read(postos)
status = sublin(string,1)
record = sublin(string,2)

inside file.txt:
c:/cygwin/home/administrador/file1.ctl
c:/cygwin/home/administrador/file2.ctl
c:/cygwin/home/administrador/filen.ctl

here, this code work fine!

--
simoes

---------- Original Message -----------
From: Ethan M Greene <emgreene at FS.FED.US>
To: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
Sent: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:17:39 -0700
Subject: two questions about scripts

> Hello-
>
> I am running PCGrADS v1.8SL11 on a MSWindows 2000 platform with Cygwin
> 1.5.12-1.
>
> I am encountered two problems while writing scripts.
>
> First, I can use the absolute value function to display data, but
[UTF-8?]> not on variables in scripts. For example, the code
‘d
[UTF-8?]> abs(var)’ works, but              x = -5              y = abs(-5)
>  generates,              Function not found: abs              Error
> occurred on line 2              In file test.gs
>
> Second, I would like to open files were the address is a variable
> that I read in from a text file. The code,
[UTF-8?]>  name = test.ctl                        ‘open ‘name works fine,
but
[UTF-8?]>                         dummy = read(‘filename.txt’)
>                   name = sublin(result,2)
[UTF-8?]>                         ‘open ‘name
[UTF-8?]> does not work (even though ‘say name’ will output the correct

------- End of Original Message -------