templates - some more

Douglas Clark dbcl at CEH.AC.UK
Wed Feb 9 11:53:12 EST 2005

I think this is covered by my second mail (which I sent before I got
your 2nd mail!).
I still reckon you need to use a large number of times in tdef, because
this sets the entire time range that GrADS will use.
eg monthly data, tdef 12 linear jan2004 1 mo will only cover data in
2004, regardless of whether you are using your template and only have
files for Jan.
To look at January data for 10 years you'd need tdef 120 ~etc~ in this
example (or at least 9*12+1).

I could be wrong though as I haven't tried any of this!

Doug

>>> arabonis at EGS.UCT.AC.ZA 09/02/2005 16:45:18 >>>
Thanks Douglas for your input, I was vague on my requirements
    I want to "composite" only the month of January for each of the
five
years, so I have tdef=249  from the old ctl times 5 years = 1245, as
the
rest of the year is excluded.
    Many Thanks
       JP