Lats4d error

Paolo Ciraci ciraci at NAUTICA.IT
Tue Feb 8 09:31:08 EST 2005

I was trying to use lats4d.gs (version 1.4) to save remote sdf
datasets into local grads grib-format files for a later use,
unfortunately with no success. In fact, no matter of which remote
dataset I try to open I always get the same error:

> LATS error (lats_var): LATS (lats.c) -->  Variable
> name_of_a_variable: not in the variable table, file ID 1
> lats4d: fatal error defining variables

For example the command:

gradsdods -blc "lats4d -v -i http://pdas.navo.navy.mil/cgi-bin/nph-
nc/data/WAM/mediterranean/WAM-med_sea2-2005020700.nc -ftype sdf -o
testfile -format grads_grib"

gives an error on the first variable:

LATS error (lats_var): LATS (lats.c) -->  Variable sig_wav_ht: not in
the variable table, file ID 1
lats4d: fatal error defining variables
lats4d: error creating grads_grib file testfile.grb

I also tryed to modify by hand the variables table and passing it as
parameter to the command line (-table testfile.tbl) with no success.

Any ideas, suggestions?

Alternatively, is there another way to save remote grads readable
datasets to local disk for a later use in grib format?

Thanks.

Dr. Paolo Ciraci
Nautica Editrice Srl