Replacing values by GrADS expression

Rainer Behrendt rainer.behrendt at IMK.FZK.DE
Mon Feb 7 12:01:39 EST 2005

Dear GrADS Users,

what I want to do is to replace one GrADS
expression by an other if a defined condition is valid.

A stupid example:
If one tried to displace in a lat/lon dimension evironment temperature
by relative humidity wherever temperature is lower than
10 degree Celsius.

By the maskout function the relevant temperature values
could be set to missing data. Then the missing values could be fitted
by the const function. Unfortunately no GrADS expression can be used as
substitude.

I already thought about using set defval within a
loop over all grid points. But I think, there must be a
smarter and faster solution.

Has anyone an idea?

Regards,

Rainer Behrendt