Installing on w2k

Robert Grieve weathermaker at ROGERS.COM
Tue Dec 20 23:22:59 EST 2005

I`m installing wind32e on my windows 2000 pro edition. Nice and simple to install!!

It resides on the path
C:\Program Files\PCGrADS

This is where the executable file decided to install the software. Is this a good place?

Where should I be putting my data files such as the grib, ctl etc etc. The grads docs say the 3 main files should be download to a local directory.

I created a folder specifically where I can put my downloaded grib data so it keeps things tidy, simply called data. The path to this is
C:\Program Files\PCGrADS\data

When starting up grads, and trying to open for example model.ctl I get "Can`t open description file". This is basically telling me, GrADS cannot find the descripter file. Is there something I should be changing so grads can find the data files in future? A conf file or something?

Many thankyous.

Robert.