Plot wind barb at station using gridded data

DaNa L. Carlis dana.carlis at NOAA.GOV
Tue Dec 20 20:27:51 EST 2005

Hi Users,

I am attempting to plot wind barbs at single stations within a gridded data
set.  The method that I'm using is the following with error message included:

-> define u=ave(u10,t=1,t=62,1)
-> define v=ave(v10,t=1,t=62,1)
-> set lat 20.879 20.897
LAT set to 20.879 20.897
-> set lon -156.451 -156.433
LON set to -156.451 -156.433
-> d u;v
Error plotting vector/barb field:  Invalid grids
   Vector component grids have difference scaling

I read in the archive that I should create an interval for the station that
I'm interested in instead of just setting the lat/lon to one point (i.e. set
lat 20.89 and set lon -156.44).

The purpose of this is to plot the wind barbs for each station on a map.
I'd appreciate the help!  Thanks!

DaNa