Initial setup questions (newbie!)

Patrice Dumas pertusus at FREE.FR
Tue Dec 20 07:09:39 EST 2005

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 08:04:54AM -0400, Grads Bob wrote:
> I got the paths sorted out and fixed those data/font errors.
>
> Now I`ve got something I wasn`t expecting, Again, running the model file
> (example) from the tutorial. In my `drawing window`, I seem to only get
> about the first 8th of the contoured product. The rest is blank!!
>
> Doesn`t make much sense, here`s a screenshot I took. If you look at the
> display, you`ll see what I mean. Shell is showing no errors.
> http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/beechwood/screenshots/Screenshot.gif

This should fix your issue:

You should enable the BackingStore capability of your X server if you want
to avoid that windows on top of the grads window erase the grads window
content. With xorg, you should put the following in the Device section of
xorg.conf:

        Option      "BackingStore" "True"

With this option, xorg will use more CPU.

--
Pat