Basemap and Gxout Shaded

Jennifer Adams jma at COLA.IGES.ORG
Wed Dec 14 09:55:47 EST 2005

Basemap overlays polygons on top of your plot either inside our outside
the continental outlines. A shaded plot covers the entire plot area and
will cover anything that basemap has drawn. Just draw your shaded plot
first, then use basemap.

However, if you're using 1.9b3 or higher, you can try using the
transparent color option with printim and see if you can draw your
first variable, print that out as a .png file, then use that as a
background image with the precip field and basemap drawn together,
using the zero precip color as the transparent one, so that the
variable behind the precip field will show through. Sounds convoluted,
but it might work.

Jennifer

--
Jennifer Miletta Adams