vertical integrated moisture convergence

Satyaban BishoyiRatna satya_atmos at REDIFFMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 3 09:43:46 EST 2005

  Hi,
   Once I have asked the script for moisture convergence. as per the given script -hdivg(q*u,q*v) I sucessfully calculated the moisture convergence at a particular level.
   Now I  would like to calculate the vertical integrated moisture convergence from 925 hPa to 500 hPa. Please give me solution to do this work.
   I tried with the following script.

'set t 25'
'set z 1'
'qu=vint(ps,q*u,500)'
'qv=vint(ps,q*v,500)'
'dd=-hdivg(qu,qv)'
where
ps=surface pressure(Pa)
with this picture I able to get the picture but how far it is right I din't know.
   But I would like to calculate the vertical integrated moisture convergence from 925 hPa to 500 hPa. I used 925 instead of 'ps' in the vint() but it doesn't work.Please suggest me to to this work.

Thanking you.
with best regards
satyaban