Dialog Box

Stephen R McMillan smcmillan at PLANALYTICS.COM
Wed Aug 24 14:12:38 EDT 2005

Dave,
Actually, I received a mail-delivery-failure message the first time, so
it's odd that you received it.

Perhaps the GrADS instructions are simply lacking, but it says nothing
about an enter button and there is no visible button; just enter or
return, per first instruction--
"The string input by the user is returned when the Enter/Return key is
pressed. Null text entries are accepted."
Further down, it says, "The cursor must be inside the dialog box to allow
text entry or editing to occur." I do put my mouse cursor and click within
the entry box (in fact, on top of the "editable" characters) but to no
avail.

Perhaps someone else out there has the answer. Thanks anyway!
Steve

Dave Allured <dave.allured at NOAA.GOV>
Sent by: GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
08/24/2005 01:40 PM
Please respond to
GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT

GRADSUSR at LIST.CINECA.IT
cc

Subject
Re: Dialog Box

Steve,

Both of your messages were broadcast to GRADSUSR today.  No need to
re-send.  GRADSUSR is set up oddly.  You don't get echoes of your own
messages, leading to angst among new posters.  There is supposed to be a
way to enable echoes, but it didn't work for me.

I will have to leave the real answer about Dialog to those more
familiar.  I am curious though.  You did not say what happens when you
mouse over and click on the Enter button in the dialog box.  (Does such
a button even exist?)  Also, with some softwares, not Grads necessarily,
your mouse cursor must be on top of the dialog box or even the data
entry box to correctly enable keyboard input.  Perhaps worth a try.

--Dave A.
CDC/NOAA/CIRES