Meteograms

Matt Alonso malonso at MESO.COM
Wed Aug 17 13:17:56 EDT 2005

Hey folks,

I am working on making some meteograms with WRF output.  I have been
using the meteogram_gfs.gs script that was so graciously updated on put
on the ftp site.  I only wanted a couple variables so I removed a lot
of the script.  One of the portions of the plot that I wanted to keep
was the 10m wind speed and barb section.  I noticed that when I
initially used this script on some model data that it had several rows
of barbs in the 10m section when I was thinking it should only have
one.  This is probably a stupid question, but could someone please
explain why for the 10m winds there are multiple rows of barbs?  I mean
I see in the code that there is a range set for the latitude as opposed
to just one value.  But does anyone know how I can set it so that just
one row shows up.  Here is a link to my data, script and ctl file:

http://tornado.meso.com/grads_help/

I only took a very small subset of the data so that it would not take
forever for anyone who wishes to help me out to download the data.  The
code is pretty lengthy so I made it fairly obvious (rows and rows of
*s) where the snippet is that deals with the 10m winds.  If I use what
I marked in the code as Method 1 I get rows of barbs, if I use Method I
get nothing plotted even though setting gxout to print shows me that I
have non-flagged data in those variables.  Thanks in advance.

Matt