GRADs boundary maps for SasK and Manitoba

Diane Stokes diane.stokes at NOAA.GOV
Fri Aug 12 14:57:45 EDT 2005

John,

The final shaded field you are seeing is the wind speed, which is the
result of:
   'd mag(u.2,v.3)'
(and that is overwriting your precip field with chosen colors).

To get the wind vectors, try:
   'd u.2;v.3'

Diane

John Guhin wrote:
> Hi,
>        I am trying to overlay wind vector over precipitation (shaded).
>  I am attaching some parts of the gs file.  Although its giving the
> shaded precip value, but not plotting the wind vector. Also, color
> shading is coming as the grads default color, unless I am turning off
> the wind vector.
>
> thanks.
> john
> 'set parea 1.0 7.5 9.0 10.0'
> 'open ppt.ctl'
> 'set mproj scaled'
> 'set gxout shaded'
> 'set lat -12 12'
> 'set lon 40 180'
> 'set t 120'
> 'set clevs 0 5 10 15 20 25 30 35 40 45 50'
> 'set ccols 35 40 45 46 48 50 51 53 55 58 60 65'
> 'd 10*(rc+rn)/15'
> 'run BYR-03.gs'
> 'run cbarn 0.3 0 4.0 0.2'
> 'open d2_u.ctl'