fwrite and multiple variables

Jean Pierre Arabonis arabonis at EGS.UCT.AC.ZA
Mon Aug 1 13:17:51 EDT 2005

Hi All
    I'm trying to write a script to write out specific data from one
grads file to a new one but am bumping into problems. What I want to do
is start from a global data set and write out a file for one position or
a subset of  positions for only some of the variables.
    So far I can do one position perfectly for a single variable,
however if I try to do a second variable the data appears to become
"mixed" so I assume that the problem lies in the arrangement of the data
in the file - I think that I am writing the data out sequentially and
grads need the data interleaved in some way.
    I think I need to step through the time steps and write out each
variable for each time step and then for each position.
    Has anyone got a script that I can peruse to get an idea as to how
to approach this, I'm getting the sinking feeling that that this could
entail some complexity if I have to step through times and positions at
the same time.
    Many Thanks
       Jean Pierre

--