azimuthal average

JEFFREY S GALL jsg229 at PSU.EDU
Fri Apr 29 12:23:42 EDT 2005

To whom it may concern:

I am doing hurricane simulations using the MM5 model.  I have created the
necessary .ctl file, but I am interested in taking the azimuthal average of a
3D variable.  I want to take the azimuthal average and then contour say, for
example, temperature on a height-radius plot, where a radius of r=0 is the
center of the hurricane.  The center of the storm does not need to be exact, by
this I mean the center can be determined subjectively by the user.  Any help in
solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--Jeff

Here is a copy of my .ctl file:
dset
/freja/s1/gall/Ideal/OUTPUT/Exchange_Coefficients/garrat-msf/coeff_control_01.dat
byteswapped
title MM5 data
undef -9999.
xdef 360 linear  -61.6635    0.0540