netcdf data

Don Hooper hoop at COLORADO.EDU
Fri Apr 22 16:15:01 EDT 2005

Bai Xuezhi,

The sdfopen interface automatically performs NetCDF-style unpacking
if the packed data type is "short" and the add_offset/scale_factor
attributes are of single-precision "float" type (indicated by "f"
suffixes on the values), which indicates the unpacked type.  Any
other type combination is, alas, not supported, with the exception
of double-precision unpacked data being automatically truncated to
single-precision.

-Hoop