Erin Pleva/Hou-Power/EnergyTrading/PEC is out of the office.

Siraj Khan sirajkhan78 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 21 05:39:19 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I am facing a problem in grads maskout function.
I want to get area ave of the box for only land data . I tried to  use
maskout function , but every time when i run it i get the error as:

ga-> d aave(maskout(temp,mask.2(t=1)),x=4.5,x=5,y=5.5,y=6)
Data Request Error:  Invalid variable name
  Variable 'mask.2' not found in file 1
Operation Error:  Error from maskout function
Operation Error:  Error from aave function
  Error ocurred at column 1
DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
  Expression = aave(maskout(temp,mask.1(t=1)),x=4.5,x=5,y=5.5,y=6)

here temp is my variable in ctl file.
Also i need to know what is mask.2 or mask.3 in this function.
thanks in advance.

--
Siraj Khan

1- Research Fellow