Finding an areal value

Ernest Afiesimama ernafies at YAHOO.COM
Tue Apr 19 03:42:34 EDT 2005

Hello,
      I have a dataset for over a region and I want to find the
average of an element say, temperature, for a region with Lat and
Long. and over a period of time, say 24hours to obtain a single
value. I have attempted a few steps using "aave" with no success.
For example

set t 1 24
define Problem=aave(tmp,lon=0,lon=10,lat=5,lat=10)
d Problem

just to obtain a values rather than a time series, I also used

define Problem=tloop(aave(tmp,lon=0,lon=10,lat=5,lat=10))
d Problem
  Any script one can use?
The problem is to find a deviation of each hourly observation from
the mean value. It is the mean single value over the region that is
hanging as a problem.
How can the time element be in the loop so as average the period?
Thanks
ernest