Ocean/land mask

Stefan L kermitt at FREE.FR
Sun Apr 17 09:30:55 EDT 2005

Asselin, Brad a écrit :

>Good afternoon all,
>
>Perhaps I was confusing on my last request for help.
>I would simply like to display a shaded area over both
>the land and water areas. Is this something that is
>possible using the basemap script ?
>Any help please ?
>Thank you.
>Brad Asselin
>Air Routing Intl Houston Texas USA

Hello Asselin,

yes you can do so using basemap.
You'll have, first, to display a parameter and then you call the basemap.gs

Usage:
basemap L(and)/O(cean) <fill_color> <outline_color>
<L(owres)/M(res)/H(ires)>'
Example:
ga-> set mpdset mres
ga-> display PRMSLmsl
ga-> basemap L 7 2 M

will only display the land in medium resolution with color 7 and outline
in color 2 (red I think) M for medium resolution which corresponds to
the set mpdset.
Be carrefull because it could take a long time if you use the hires.

hope, it will help you.

have a nice day.

Stefan