[Fwd: Re: Reliable ETA80 Grib data containing dewpoint data]

Daniel Leins Daniel.Leins at NOAA.GOV
Fri Apr 15 13:44:45 EDT 2005

------List,

Yeah, I discovered that formula is useless once you get up into the
midlevels of the atmosphere.  I plotted actual dewpoint at 500 on top of
my calculated dewpoint at 500, and there was about a 10ºC difference,
where the calculated dpt was cooler than the actual.  Back to looking
for full blown grib data I guess...Anyone have any ideas?

Dan