ifremer objectively analyzed salinity

Thomas LOUBRIEU Thomas.Loubrieu at IFREMER.FR
Thu Apr 14 13:42:15 EDT 2005

Dear Semyon,

I am the luycky provider of the dods url you're trying to use.
Actually, the openDAP interface is provided through GrADS-DODS server,
but unfortunatly we didn't test it with a GrADS client.
It's more or less working with ferret or matlab clients even if we
experienced
some unexpected behaviours of the server.

I've just tried to access the salinity dataset the way you did and I got
the same error.
I'm not a GrADS expert myself, so I cannot help you further. But I'd
like to know why it doesn't work and if I should change something on the
server side.

The dataset is archived as netcdf weekly files. They are aggragated
thanks to a ctl file, then read by GraDS 1.2.9b3 and distributed through
openDAP interface by gds 1.2.9.
I hope this helps.

Regards,

Thomas