Blank display on Linux

Steven Hunter smhunter at DO.USBR.GOV
Tue Apr 5 13:59:51 EDT 2005

All,
I am working with NASA Land Data Assimilation Data.  I am able to display
the data fine on a PC version of GRADS.  However, when I try to display the
same data with a Linux version of GRADS (1.9b3 or 1.8), I get nothing but a
blank display, although it returns with a grads (ga) prompt - it thinks
things are being plotted apparently.  It picks up the data and displays what
looks like the appropriate range of data values ("Contouring:").  I'm
running RedHat 7.3 on a Dell PC.  I can't even plot lines manually or grids,
and I've tried various scripts to set the display variables.  I've also
tried de-gribbed data as well as binary.

Thanks for any help,
Steve