(gribmap utility) index file is not created

Jose Fernando Pesquero pesquero at CPTEC.INPE.BR
Mon Apr 4 15:38:21 EDT 2005

Fernanda,

Every time that you have a gribmap data, you ALWAYS must have a index
file (that you are trying to do). The Grads needs to know were the index
file is (or will be created), so the Grads will look at inside the ctl
file by the INDEX line. You need to write the INDEX entry inside the ctl
file and need to give a name for it. For exemplo:

INDEX ^soillevel1957.idx  or
INDEX ^soillevel1957.gmp or

Both of then will be right and the command following:

gribmap -v  -i myfile.ctl (dont forget the -v option always!!)

If you got !!!!MATCH at the first column you will get data access

Good Luck!

Pesquero